LOZ: The Sacred World P3 LOZ: The Sacred World P3

Not too bad

The animation was pretty decent and the voice acting wasn't bad (though anyone's going to sound a little odd voicing Link, what with him being a silent character and all). The battles could probably have been a bit more exciting but they match the actual game quite well as they are.

Why does it say "Stay tuned for part 2" at the end?

Hiyoko responds:

It was a typo, it's fixed now.

Porcelain Promo Porcelain Promo

Interesting

Here's a random and probably unhelpful suggestion - when you're showing the ruined buildings the camera does some very odd focusing, like it seems to rush to them then pull away slowly or zoom out then in again. Some slow panning combined with a slow fade might work better - it gives your audience time to try and figure out what it is they're looking at rather than throwing it in their face, it makes it more involving. Does that make any sense?

Anyway, your promo is interesting but not enough to make me watch out for you finished film. There's very little story on show here so I'm not sure whether it'll be my thing or not. Your artwork is very good but it looks scanned - or at least bitmap - so you need to figure out how to turn it into lots of individual symbols so that you can animate it. That's going to be your main challenge to start with.

Good luck!

pepermuntjuh responds:

Haha, hey there! Definitly not an unhelpful suggestion you just made there :D You're absolutely right.. haha... I watched it again after reading your review, and went.. 'hey, i think he's right, it does look a bit... odd' So thanks for noticing that teehee!
Now, of course I'm still ... kind of.. a Flash-noob... but I'll try my best to make it look...more interesting haha :D

xx

Have I got news for you Have I got news for you

Good work

I liked that one, you captured the spirit of the opening quite well. The link after the toilet was a bit hard to follow, but still a good effort.

Metal slug total war! #4 Metal slug total war! #4

OK, but lots of areas to improve in

It was ok, but there's lots of areas to improve in. For one the whole one screen above the other was just confusing. Were we seeing two different areas at the same time, or was one under the other or what? The intro text stayed on the screen too long and should have had a skip button. Also the characters have a habit of moving very quickly from place to place on the screen without it looking like they're walking. You could do with slowing those kind of animations down a bit. Finally the whole thing was rather short, and because the music didn't stop at the end anybody replaying it would get a second song playing over the top of the first one.

I know this seems to be a rather negative review, but I'm just trying to suggest some areas to focus on if you want to improve.

Track 11 Track 11

Nice short and simple animation of a hidden track

**I lol'd so hard I made a sound that might have been translated as actually laughing-out-loud**

Seriously though you already know my opinion, but I thought I'd stick a review in here anyway. Very nice artwork and style, but the best part is the amount of character you got into the... well... characters. Lovely animation. The audio's a bit grainy, but then it was to start with so...

Your best on here?

MellowScholar responds:

Thanks! I think it's probably my favourite.

PiCo ..vs.. DaRnELL PiCo ..vs.. DaRnELL

Awesome work

This is very good; nice graphics, fantastic animation, good length, lots of variety and originality. Since when did Pico have any plot, anyway?

Nounouille responds:

awesome review
thanx a lot man, I appreciate

Mega Man: Fowl Play Mega Man: Fowl Play

Short but very nice

Rather short, but brilliant animation. I especially liked the intro, the music and style fitted perfectly together. The voice acting isn't all that bad either. More please!

No Time 2 Lose No Time 2 Lose

Slight improvement on an already great animation

I couldn't see anything different to start with, apart from the title screen. Then you got to the fight scene and there was extra blur. Did you also add some sound effects? Yeah, I think it did improve on the original a small amount, but whether it was worth a weekend or not is up to you.

Reguardless of any changes I still love this animation and its one of the highest quality I've seen on Newgrounds. There's a couple of things I'm not so sure about (the ending music, the 'cast of characters'), but loads more I think are great (the art, the main music, the fantastic animation, the feel of the piece) and besides those are personal preferences anyway. I really hope the portal sees more from you

Dreams of orange skies Dreams of orange skies

Is there a sync problem?

I was confused over the syncing too. There's a bit at the beginning where the guy's speaking the words of the song (I assume), but his mouth's moving a good second or too before you hear the words. But then the animation and the song finish at the same time. If there is a syncing problem its a serious one, otherwise I have to say the mouth moving and saying nothing sort of throws the entire animation off.

EsMatiCSounDs responds:

Hmm thats kinda wierd... cuz i watch the movie when i submitted it and it was synced almost flawlessly.. dunno whats wrong :S. thx for the review and the heads up!

Shadow vs knuckles Shadow vs knuckles

Pretty good

A lot better than the vast majority of sprite battle movies out there. You've certainly got some skill at animating, but there were a few things I noticed. When Knuckles and Shadow are running through the forrest, you'd get white showing at the edges of the screen as you were moving the forest backdrop backwards and forwards. Also in the credits the black bars at the top and bottom didn't quite go off the screen so you'd see the credits, then they'd disapear, then they'd come back again. Its things like that that significantly detract from the quality of the submission, so watch out for them. Other than that, well done!